Read Full Article
This is done by grouping lights together appropriately, specifying the best intensities for each fixture and programming a system that can be controlled via touch control, voice, PC or even iPhone or iPad.
Uses of Lighting Control SystemsThe advanced, energy saving lighting control system alloy you to:
- Be greeted by feature lighting as you pull up to your front door
- Enhance the appearance of your room by intelligent highlighting of its architecture and features
- Creating the desired ambience according to your changing requirements - softness or warmth, quietness or even excitement.
- Providing intelligent night lighting from a low level in your children's bedrooms to subtly light paths to bathrooms or down the stairs
- Thousands of other applications, limited only by your imagination
Security Lighting: Protecting Your HomeBesides these benefits to daily life, there are real security advantages to automated lighting, these range from external lights being triggered by movement or ambient light up to very latest systems that replicate the exact lighting pattern of the previous two weeks if you go away - far better and more advanced than using a plug-in timer switch.
Lighting can even be integrated with the home's security functions so that all of the house lights come on if the burglar alarm is triggered. This is often enough to deter a possible intruder.
How Do Lighting Systems Save Energy?Finally, as well as improving the quality of your life, a carefully designed lighting system that dims lights selectively burns less electricity, making your home more environmentally friendly and less costly to run.
The control system knows you are there and it can turn lights on to enable easy no-switches passage through your house if you so desire, turning lights on as you enter a room and turning them off when you leave.
People with disabilities or who are not as able to get around can find advanced lighting control systems a boon, being able to control lighting throughout the home without having to leave their armchair.
We can now supply low power LED lights as substitutes for your existing filament or halogen lights see our LED page here.
Find out how advanced lighting control can improve your home by contacting The Solent Electronic Home today to discuss your needs. Alternatively, call us for free on 0800 7813909, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.