Read Full Article
Advanced Security with Home AuomationThere is no doubt that basic measures such as leaving a light on a timeswitch will help and certainly introducing external security lighting tripped by movement does help dissuade intruders and can help to attract the attention of neighbours and passers by. However, the latest in home automation technology allows much more advanced deterrents. These might include:
- Being alerted to changes or incidents by mobile phone, SMS text or email
- Being able to look at CCTV pictures of your home over the Internet.
- Being able to determine the status of your home and change the status of the alarm system.
- Activating all the interior and exterior lighting when an alarm is triggered
Day to Day Security AdvantagesAs well as increasing security, linking your home automation and security systems gives significant lifestyle benefits:
- Programming specific lights, and setting curtains or shutters to close and open in response to the time of day or the light levels.
- Being assured that built-in timeclocks can automatically adjust for changing seasons, as well as for daylight savings time.
- Giving you the ability to alert neighbours for local surveillance.
- Providing disturbance warnings - eg front of house monitoring reporting to rear garden.
- Automating fire and smoke detectors to dial out.
- Accessing controls remotely.
The most sophisticated combinations of security system and home automation system can at one touch of a switch co-ordinate multiple selections. You can close all your curtains and/or shutters, set your downstairs intruder alarm zones and lock all of your external doors automatically, with a single control
The use of IP cameras can provide reasurring views of the home over the internet and also recordings of incidents for use as evidence later.